The current Tielen station building is of type 1983.
Opened in 1855, the railway line was owned by Chemin de Fer de Lierre à Turnhout at the time. When the company was acquired by Chemins de Fer Belges, it was decided to build the current station.
The old station was turned into a warehouse and was demolished several years later.
Until 1959, the current station was used for passengers. Afterwards, it remained vacant for many years. In the 1980s the dilapidated station was sold to the De Seranno-Spoormans family, who restored and took up residence in the building.
The former unloading bay at the station is now a free car park.
Every day various trains travel to and from Turnhout, Antwerp and Brussels.
For an overview, visit the NMBS web site.